Saturday, July 22, 2006

Metal - A Headbanger's Journey - DVD


First I have to thank my Brother Karl for lending me this DVD. This has to be the best Documentary on The Heavy Metal Genre I have watched. I think what really does it for me is that it's told by a fan.

This DVD has interviews with, Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden , Dee Snider from Twisted Sister , Rob Zombie , Vince Neil , Lemmy and Ronnie James Dio. Also the FANS.

The Fans, is what this Documentary is all about. No Documentary that I know of, has focused on the fans like this one has.

For me, Hard Rock, Punk Rock and Heavy Metal Music is what got me through some of the toughest years of my life.
Music of any kind no matter how old you are or what year or genre the music comes from, it stands as a back drop to our lives.

If IM not mistaking I think some of the shots in this if from another Fan based Documentary Heavy Metal Parking Lot. I have to thank my Brother again. He bought this for me a few years ago. This shows fans in another light. The drunk having fun befor the show fans . Yes we all have been there and done this and it was a fun watch.

These Documentarys are night and day from one another.If you want to watch a well put together Documentary pick up Metal A Headbanger's Journey. I think any fan of music will like this.

I think Heavy Metal Parking Lot is only for the die hards but I could be wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home